Watercolor, oil on canvas, sculpture… But what is the best solution to live in peace? Take out insurance! Thus, your property will be covered in the event of a claim...

what are the items covered by traditional home insurance?

Home insurance covers what are called valuables at a certain value only, such as statues, rare furniture, sculptures, paintings, old books, etc. It would therefore be necessary to choose an "object option" guarantee extension. of value ”for good coverage. Thus, in the event of fire, theft, vandalism, natural disasters or water damage, your most valuable possessions will be guaranteed. For other insurance companies, the guarantees extend to precious goods such as jewelry, metals ... But in order to avoid unpleasant surprises, the conditions clearly stipulated in the insurance contracts should be carefully read. . Indeed, a good can be considered as an object of value provided that its value exceeds a certain amount

Is there a specific contract to share the objects of art ?

Indeed, if you only want to protect one or more valuable art objects, you can opt for a specific "art objects" contract. This offer is generally marketed by specialized brokers and certain insurers. The advantage? Even damage caused by owner's clumsiness is covered, which is not the case with the extended warranty offered by property and casualty insurance. To subscribe to this type of insurance, the candidate has two options. With "the declared value", he pays the premiums according to the declared values. This means that before signing the contract, he is required to have his property (s) valued and to keep all evidence in a safe place. In the event of a claim, he must be able to prove the existence and authenticity of the work. As part of an "approved value" option, an appraisal is carried out before signing the contract in order to estimate the real value of each object. If a claim occurs, the insured will be compensated according to this value.

To get an insurance what are the necessary documents ?

To take out home insurance with extended warranty, if you are a homeowner, you need a RIB and a copy of your identity card. On the other hand, if you are a tenant, you must provide a copy of your lease contract and possibly proof of income for the last 6 months. You must also inform the company about the number of people residing in your household. Also, you must list your movable capital: furniture, appliances, works of art and even valuables.